Monday, April 27, 2009

Enna koduma da sami!!!!

My children’s summer camp ended last week on thursday. It was for just 1 week..They enjoyed thoroughly with various activities like painting, coloring, making small bugs, butterflies, trees etc, puppet show and some movies… Damage has been done already!!! I could see the Michelangelo and Picasso’s drawings on the walls..all the place..front room..bedroom…”Amma, Dinosaurs…I drew it”..My son goes..What can I do?..Supressing my BP, I give a grin praising him “Waah!...grt8”….turning to my hubby with “I-am-sorry” look….”A big amount will be deducted from the advance when we vacate the house, that is it” My hubby’s helpless reaction....…

What to do next? To make them busy and preoccupied…I was running out of options....It’s Friday and FIL had planned to take them to SIL’s place...ok, couple of hours to kill time..They will enjoy the bus ride too from home to SIL’s place…I bid goodbye to them and left to office in the morning…Surprisingly, around 11 o’ clock, my mobile displayed a call from “Home”…I was wondering why from Home?..landline number…My daughter was crying over the phone on some issues with my son…Monu didn’t give me crayon for coloring….Pacified her sitting at office…what else can I do other than telling some supporting words to her….I interrupted her “Why you didn’t go to Aunties home?..”..She came back sadly..”Ummmhhh, no..Acchachan (FIL) told that they have to return by afternoon…So we didn’t go..”..Oh…OK!!!....Continued the conversation as a typical mother to enquire whether she had her breakfast …She is no mood to reply…She returned to the first sulking question…Monu is not giving me crayons…sobs!!!...I told her to give the phone to Monu…She called out loudly “Monnu..amma vezhikkunnu!!!” (amma is calling you)….words reverberating inside my head….”Monnu…amma-annu da..” (It’s amma)…”Paavam elley vava…crayons kodukku da… Monu”…” (Give crayons to Vava also)….”Avallu scissor tharinilla ammey ennikku…”…(She is not giving me scissors”…Here I go..for another round of negotiation or whatever…..It took me to another 10 minutes to solve his issues….Sigh!!! Back to some office work….

In the evening, back home, after dinner, in between their bed time stories, I asked once again, why you didn’t go to Aunties place?..She gave me the same answer…..”Koracchu samayathil thaaney thrizhu veranam innu paranjhu..adukaranam poyilliya”…(have to return within a short time..becoz of that we didn’t go)….

Next morning (Saturday), when I offered bed coffee for my dear hubby, he said that FIL is going to SIL’s place …I was little unhappy as I’ve cooked a lot for lunch thinking that FIL will be around..He pacified me saying “we can have it for dinner, dear”…I continued..”Yest, the kids were supposed to go to SIL’s place but because they have to return by lunch time, they didn’t go”..My hubby nodded his head and says “That is not the reason..”..

Me ..”Then what?”…
Hubby : “ Vava said to Daddy(FIL) that amma(me) did not want us to go to Aunties place”

Me : “What ?? I didn’t say that”..”Did she say like that to Daddy?”
Hubby :”Yeah, that is why daddy didn’t take them there yesterday”…
Me: “What???”
Hubby : “Ammam ma

Me : “Seriyana allu, she told me some other reason”..

Hubby raising his eyebrows…heaved a sigh….

Me, totally pissed off, “I didn’t tell her not to go “…
Hubby, back to his philosophical thoughts..” They reflect what you and I speak….”..blah blah….

I continued ..”Enna koduma da sami..”…
“Ok, even if she says like that…FIL has believed her and he also didn’t take them”…..”Look how much of weight age is given for a grandchild…not a daughter in law…Shey….”…..
I continued pollambifying….”Already I have a “BAD” certificate among in-laws..now this is like adding to the fire…”…”Ennakkey aappa….Seriyana allu….Kuuzhi thoondi pothachuduva pollarukku….pothachittu…ennaku theriyadu innu sollikkittu theriva pollairrukku…Adi paavi magha…”…(Pulling my legs!!?!…Great lady she is, she will dig hole and bury me in it..and she will walk around saying I don’t know)…..

My hubby, as usual, does not comment on these statements I make…laying ..turned down…in the bed eyes closed…..He makes sure that he is not trapped on some deposition I rattle…Typical marketing guy….playing safe..or saving his a**…

Totally dumbstruck, I narrated to my cook…She laughed to glory “Appadiya, indha kaalathu pasanga nambhavey mudiyaathu….” (Is it? These days kids, one cannot trust them….)
Still unsatisfied …..I called up my amma in Kerala, I lamented endlessly about my daughter’s double game. Amma was laughing….”Madhi madhi..kannu vekkelley di avalla…”..(Enough, enough, don’t cast evil’s eye on her)……

It happens …It happens ……..unbelievable……..

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha Bad certificate among in laws, probably that is why he believed her words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he...happens. Bad name already in-laws place, yeah who has 'good name'...come-on! That sounds like sweet motherhood to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cham, Malar Gandhi....;-)...it is the reality right....no one gets a "good" name at in-laws....Wish at atleast 1 out of 100 get that....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails