Friday, April 3, 2009

Mei ekku kammarey mei bhandu ho!!!…

The more I think about Hosur and my son’s prang…still not relieved from the hang of it….Here is another one for you…..I was preparing for my MBA Exams (Correspondence)….I remember the paper too..it was Managerial economics….I woke up at 3:00 am…”burning the midnight oil”…as usual preparing at the last moment……I was sitting in my living room and the bed room happened to be just next room..So thinking that the light would disturb my kids….I latched it from outside…I had little doubt whether should I do it or not..becoz “you never know what happens”…Confidently, I latched thinking that my children anyways will not wake up that early….As usual my hubby was not in-station..he was on one of his official trip…..

Around 5:00 am , I heard a slight movement from the kid’s bed room…I was about to open the door..my dear son closed the door from within, ….in a matter of split of second….My whole body was shivering to death…Softly, I told my son…”Monu, open the door…”…It was dark inside and he got scared…He started crying..”amma..amma”…I was impatient within me…but contained myself …”Monu…try to move the lever in the opposite direction…”….He started banging the door….My in-laws, who were sleeping in the adjacent room, came rushing out hearing the commotion…I was in tears….I repeated the instruction to my son “Monu…do it now…”…

To give you the footnote, the bathroom of both the rooms are constructed very close together with a separation which is not fully elevated to reach the wall…So one can jump from one bathroom to another if one uses a high length stool…So my father-in-law tried to jump from one bathroom to another which is connected to the kid’s room….

Simultaneously, I kept on talking to my son…”Amma is here…you move the latch in the opposite direction…and click ..he did it….opened the door….I hugged him……and…rest is history…………

My hubby always says “As parents, we should think 5 steps ahead of the kids ”….You never know what they lead us to…………………….One of the nerve-racking moments…….

3 comments:

  1. Glad your FIL is okay, can imagine that scenario. Trisha locked herself in a room when she was 2yrs old, hubby had to run to the office to get the duplicate key and I did the same as you, sitting outside the room! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine the situation, my son was 6 months old. The door locked behind us (My husb and me where standing talking to some friends) We call the emergency num, the maint guy came within 5 min to open the door.Consequence, we never keep the lock on in the knob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe every family have experienced this in one way or the other....Even my brother's son has done this in the bathroom..not only locking himself inside...he has locked my SIL also once....LOL...Thanks Chams and Ashaakka

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails