Thursday, March 12, 2009

Run, Run, Run..........


My body simply refuses to move to my needs. The medicines for my tonsillitis is so sedative that my eyes refuses to open even at 6:15am in the morning. Usually my cook reports around 6’0 clock in the morning. Today I was wondering what happened to her? I opened the front door, picked up the milk bag and newspaper. I removed yesterday’s milk packets from the refrigerator and put it in water to remove the chillness and replaced with today’s.

Then went off to do my brushing. Now it is close to 6:45. No sign of my cook!!! Oh, no! My brain refuses to function too. I wondered what should I prepare for breakfast and lunch. I scanned the refrigerator. There was a big vessel full of Idli maavu (Dough)..Great..I can prepare some dosa and coconut chutney. I started boiling rice for rice. I soaked 2 glasses of rice. Next is some Vegetable curry. I decided to cook some quick biriyani type of vegetable mix so that I can mix it with plain rice.

You can try this:

1. onions -2 chopped
2. ripe tomatoes – 2 chopped
3. ginger - small piece – 1 tsp (chopped and smashed)
4. garlic - 4 pieces (chopped and smashed)
5. beans – 15 ( cut it into 1 inche size pieces)
6 Carrot – 1 (chopped into small strips)
7. Coriander leaves – 2 stem (finely chopped for garnishing)

In the kadai, start with seasoning – pour 1 tspn oil. Add little sombhu and leave it to burst. Then add 2 cloves, 1 bayleaf (not mandatory). After it is kind of fried, add garlic and ginger and fry it till that raw smell is gone. Keep the burner in sim otherwise it will get charred. Then add onion. Fry it. Then add tomatoes. Let it become softened. Add a pinch of turmeric powder (for color) and salt to taste. Then add chopped carrot and beans. Let it fry for sometime. Add water so that the vegetables have to be cooked. Close the whole mix with lid and allow it to cook. After it is done, add 1 spoon of gram masala/chicken masala powder and mix it thoroughly and cook for ½ minute or so. Garnish with Coriander leaves. This you mix with already cooked plain rice. It taste like vegetable biriyani. A quick preparation for lunch.

Then prepare some cucumber, tomato, carrot salad. For children’s snack box too.. same salads.

Then ran back to wake my children, making them brush, bath..me washing cloths, bath…making them to eat breakfast, helping kids with their uniform, shoes..apppa…run run..They went late to school by 10 mintues.

Run, Run…to office….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails